Error code 22 is the internal code we use for "temporary IP ban".
If you see this error even though you are a legitimate visitor, there can be multiple causes:
- The real visitors IP address is not properly forwarded to your site, either due to a proxy server or other plugin that overrides it. This causes the IP address of the server to be logged for all visitors which can block all traffic.
- Your session was expired and our plugin wasn't able to properly refresh it.
- You have a plugin installed which sends a suspicious payload behind the scenes which ultimately triggers our temporary IP ban feature.
- The page is cached by a caching plugin. We send error code 403 when this error is shown so this should never really happen unless the cache server is configured incorrectly.
- You are running the WebARX plugin of which the version is lower than 1.4.0. We have applied several fixes related to error code 22 in version >= 1.4.0. You should always keep the WebARX plugin fully updated.
The temporary IP ban usually lifts within 30 minutes. You can start a chat with us and provide the URL of the site so we can investigate the exact cause and fix it permanently.